Did I use pickling cucumbers? Yes and no. I had 1 pickling cucumber on hand so I used that. The other 2 were plain old cucumbers. In the future I will try to find and use picklers because it's a firmer pickle.
How long will they keep? Hmmmm I really don't know the answer to that one. I suppose at least a week? Maybe 2. I mean they are in vinegar, salt and sugar the 3 biggies for preserving foods. But then on the other hand you have not started with boiled jars (I did but I'm a freak) and they were not given any sort of sealing in the end. So officially 1 or 2 weeks.
I hope you try them. For being so quick and easy they really do make great pickle.
Last day for best foodie foto entries to be turned in! Off to paint my son's room like a tree house wish me luck!
Peace and Love,
6th week of the Best Food/Foodie Foto contest is open for business. Send 'em in and make sure you give me a shout out on your blog so we can keep up the weekly contest. Email me with questions or if you want to sponsor a future prize. firstname.lastname@example.org
This weeks prize..............mmmm stay tuned to find out!
The rules are easy:
- simply send a photo or 2 of your best shots of the week and their link/s
- enter as many photos as you would like
- photos MUST be from a post during the 'week'
- the 'week' starts Sunday 12:01 AM and runs through11:59 PM AST
- the shots will be collected in one main post and voting will begin at high noon Alaska Standard Time (AST) on Sunday and run for 24 hours until noon Monday (AST)
- the post will include all photos and links
- voting will be in the comments section, encourage your friends to vote early and often
- the winner will be announced Monday evening after counting has finished
- if the winner does NOT contact me within 2 days of the winner announcement they forfeit their prize and the runner up will then receive the prize
- the prizes will vary week to week and may be provided by sponsors or myself or both
- email if you any questions or want to sponsor a prize email@example.com