Here it is New Years Day 2013. Where did 2012 go? I feel like it just went sweeping away in a blast of busy-ness. I certainly have no problem with being busy but I've been feeling stretched too thin and trying, unsuccessfully, to be everything to anyone who asks. Oh they don't even have to ask suppose I do volunteer for things a lot. When I do this to myself I don't take care of things here in our life like I should. The things I WANT to do and SHOULD do become hurried, unpleasant and often left undone. So my day today was spent doing nothing in particular except figuring out how to be MORE in touch with OUR life here.
Just so we're clear I pretty much HATE resolutions and it pains me to actually write this post but I need to have a list of things I want to change so I can work from it. It's a hey get your life in order list because at 42 it's time to be MORE in control and LESS just rolling with it.
Plus I love lists.
1) completely pay off a small credit card debt--will be accomplished by OVER paying and paying bigger chunks off quickly
2) let go of a few time sucks which I don't enjoy but do out of a sense of duty
3) get in better shape and drop 2 sizes--this is a work in progress goal I don't expect to lose a LOT of weight but I will be working towards long term healthy living
4) concentrate on farming more, preserving more and turning more of our land into producing land--this goes hand in hand with getting in shape
5) write here more and move beyond recipes to healthy living, self sufficiency, gardening, farming, crafting and more thrifty living
6) with my husband remodel our kitchen and refinish all of our wood floors
Not huge, not earth shattering but good honest thoughts put down in writing. #6 scares me, I hate remodeling but it has to be done. And it will be done out of pocket which means piece by piece until we finish. Or kill each other. On no I mean to say finish the project.
Peace and Love--